Thursday 13 November 2008

Keep Smiling!


Being an illustrator is in general a fantastic job, you make your own hours, you can work from home, you have no boss - it's such a buzz completing a piece that really works, and eventually seeing your work in print.
In the main most clients are fantastic and I always try to give them the best job I possibly can, I take a lot of pride in my work no matter what the budget - so they are usually extremely pleased with what I give them - and hopefully they'll return.
However like any job, there are times that are not so fantastic:
- Some clients pay very little money for really a lot of work, (there are some jobs that pay less than minimum wage if you work out all the hours you spend on it.)
- Occasionally a client doesn't brief you properly, doesn't know what they want in the first place, but they know what they don't want!
- Now and then a client won't pay what they owe you for months (imagine saying to a plumber working on your house, thanks for that, I'll probably pay you in 3 months time!)
I expect this will occur more regularly in the current financial climate.
Anyhow this illustrates how I'm feeling at the moment...

1 comment:

nilisha said...

i simply love the simplicity in your work.it so crisp and sooo visually appealing