Tuesday 31 March 2009

Keep it simple stupid


An article for Prevention magazine, on the health benefits of part time meat eating, and 'flipping' wheatena cereal into your breakfast for the benefit of your heart. I was especially pleased with the way the colours really sing on the buff background colour. That simple colour contrast can really lift an illustration. I learnt to mix colours properly in cmyk mode several years ago when I first started working for UK greetings. Before then, colour for me was an afterthought. When designing a card range, I often start off with the colour pallette. This book, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Index-Jim-Krause/dp/0715313975/ref=sr_1_1/277-0755917-8532431?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238492197&sr=8-1 The Colour Index is an invaluable source for colour combinations. I tend to mix onscreen in photoshop as well.

No comments: