Tuesday 14 July 2009


The next commission was another one for Health and Fitness Magazine. I really enjoy getting free rein on an illustration and creating a visual solution for a large article, and this was no exception. It was about the environment harming your health in various different ways. In stark contrast to the previous job I completed (below) my other slightly more humorous style worked well, with the fast food, and all the nasty things chasing the jogger.
Using my old typefaces seemed to really bring the illustration together, and my craft paper base seemed apt for the organic food bit.
I love that base green colour (inspired by a burger t shirt I have)
Changes were needed - the main one being the car - I was dubious if I could get it to look right, to be a character and being cute at the same time, but I was very pleased with the results. The rubber stamp type addition at the clients request matches the font that is used in the article.

No comments: