Tuesday 14 July 2009


Not had chance to blog for a while, been so busy, with a backlog of work that came in all at the same time whilst I was away. First was this article about being control freak in the home for Sainsbury's magazine. The idea was from them, which is sometimes tricky making it work exactly how the client envisions it. I suggested the house like a dolls house - as I like to work from a central image - I find it aesthetically more pleasing.
This is the first draft before some changes were made, the house was moved to the side to avoid the gutter (something you have to remember) so everything was moved around slightly.
For the feel of the image, I was thinking about old Brad Holland illustrations from years ago. For anyone that doesn't know, I think he's the godfather of modern concetpual illustration. So many people have been influenced by him (some have based their whole careers on emulating his work). His style and use of colour of course is superb, but more important than that - it's the visual metaphors and striking visual ideas where he shines.

No comments: